If you’re new to nonprofit communicatons, fundraising or technology , here are 10 top resources you should know about:
- Nonprofit Technology Network (NTen) - As a long term member, I’ve learned through webinars, local 501 tech meetings, attending the annual conference and participating in a wonderful , supportive community
- Idealware - Wondering what software is best for your needs? Laura Quinn’s Idealware offers impartial reports and low priced webinars to help you decide.
- Beth’s Blog – Beth Kanter taught us how important social media was before it became mainstream. Her insights are always insightful.
- Nonprofit Tech 2.0: A Social Media Guide for Nonprofits - Heather Mansfield offers great information in her blog, and in free/low cost webinars.
- Foundation Center – Databases, training, libraries focused on philanthropy. Worth a visit if you’re in NYC (4 other offices across US)
- Getting Attention - Marketing guru Nancy Schwartz can help your organization develop a powerful message to your constituents
- John Haydon - Especially focused on Facebook, John will help optimize your social media strategy.
- Nonprofit Marketing Guide - Kivi Leroux Miller is a savior when you’re the only marketing / communications person at your organization; great blog and resources.
- Tech Soup – Discounted software and hardware (and much more)
- Network for Good - Reasonably priced options for email marketing and online fundraising, and regularly scheduled training
For those nonprofit veterans, what additional resources would you add?